Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to downgrade iCloud storage

I have a new iPhone 6 since yesterday, and synced it with my iCloud account. Apparently last night Apple tried to renew my 20g storage plan but my credit card had expired, they immediately downgraded to 5gb. I attempted to upgrade back to 20g today but now apple thinks i have a 200 gig account. when i attempt to downgrade either on my iPhone or mac i am unable to do it. The mac iCloud settings says my current plan is 200gb, and when I select Downgrade to 20gb the "Done" button is not highlighted.When i cancel out an alert pops up saying "You can't enable storage details at this time."

On the phone I get something similar, again unable to actually commit the downgrade to 20g.

The mac is 10.7.5

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 8:08 AM

13 replies

Nov 26, 2014 4:05 PM in response to pgavenda

I had the same issue. The issue was I had already selected to downgrade but since it was still saying I currently had 200Gb I thought I had done something wrong. If I picked 20Gb 'Done' was grayed out and 'Free" would allow me to proceed. I tried picking 200Gb, which was my current plan, and it let me renew... Then, I went back to downgrade to 20Gb and it worked, it just doesn't change immediately. I assume it changes within 24hours.

Sep 18, 2015 6:41 AM in response to spinningstill

You may want to check Can't downgrade icloud storage from 200GB to 50GB

I had the same issue and it turns out that although it was looking like it had not downgraded, my request had been registered successfully (confirmed by Apple support). The UI could be improved to make it clearer.

In any case, if you're unsure or stucked, I suggest to call iCloud support. They called me right away and took care of it in minutes.

Unable to downgrade iCloud storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.