Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music not appearing in manage storage settings

Since the iOS 8 update I cannot delete the music which is building up in my iPhone 5 storage (They download to my device when playing from the cloud - in which I store everything and subscribe to iTunes Match).

The 'About' in the settings tells me I have nearly 400 songs on my iPhone. When I visit Usage>Manage storage, the music 'icon', if you like, doesn't even appear - as if I have no music on my iPhone. I also can't swipe the tracks to delete them.

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 8:27 AM

12 replies

Nov 15, 2014 8:39 PM in response to Littlenyah

I have the same issue. I have a 4S still.... I know, I know... never should've upgraded the iOS. But come on! Swipe to delete Music in Manage Storage and the ENTIRE CATEGORY goes away FOREVER. Really great development practices going on over at Apple. They need to fix this. NOW. Nexus 6 arrives this week and if this is the way the iPhone 5s and 6 behave.... and Apple updates continue to behave... I'll be over there.

May 8, 2016 11:17 PM in response to Littlenyah

Just had the same issue with my mums iPhone 6+. And we found that iTunes was doing the same thing as many have said here. That the phone itself wouldn't show music in the storage settings to let you delete it, and also showed when plugged into computer that there was no music taking up storage, but when going to the app still showed music. We found that the music that was showing in the app was 'purchased' from iTunes itself therefore when playing from the music app it was actually streaming through the internet and the iTunes account itself. Alternative for this is really to either log your phone out of your iTunes account or basically suck it up princess. 🙂

Jul 7, 2016 11:56 AM in response to Littlenyah

Hoping for an answer here. What iTunes shows as taking up space on my phone doesn't jive with what "manage storage" shows in phone settings. I connect my phone to iTunes and it says I have 49 songs taking up storage on my phone, yet on my phone there are no songs that I can find anywhere in any app. Under manage storage in settings music does not even come up and is not an option.

In a related question I have also deleted all my photos on my phone and in iTunes it shows I have over 2,000 photos taking up space. Under manage storage in settings on my phone: photos shows 312mg under "my photo stream" and 235kb for shared photo stream. All with no photos on my phone.

Music not appearing in manage storage settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.