Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Solved Bootcamp not mounting: was Tuxera NTFS problem

Hi,

I have been fixing boot up BootCamp problems with myMavericks MacBook Pro.

I found that the Tuxera NTFS app was seeming to be causing problems.

When I disabled it I could access/mount BootCamp again.

I had started having problems with accessing BootCamp after I had installed a virgin copy, and was almost finished numerous Windows Updates.

- Couldn't mount it in Disk Utility

- Could not Verify or Repair (Repair went into loop and didn't stop: Repairing corrupt directs start...completed...started...completed

- Could not access SafeMode

- Couldn't boot up into by ALT

I found a few posts where people said Tuxera is a good utility to SOLVE issues like this.

But I HAD Tuxera.

So I thought let me disable it and see.

Problem solved.

BootCamp mounts etc etc.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or some conflict with Tuxera and BootCamp, but you should try this if you have the same issues.

Alan

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), BootCamp Win 7 64 Bit Parallels

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 2:09 PM

The Tuxera, Paragon and other NTFS drivers conflict with the native Apple NTFS driver and cause problems for Startup Disk. Bootcamp can be cold-booted using the Alt key though.

I have already complained to Paragon.

4 replies

Oct 1, 2014 4:21 PM in response to WarthogARJ

I was thinking that you guys who are helping everyone fix these BC issues might summarize some of the things that have helped.

Or maybe things to look out for.

It's not your job, it SHOULD be looked after by the Apple support people.

There's clearly a big issue with Mavericks and Bootcamp.

And as our friend says, for the largest company in the world (at the moment) they are being pretty slack about their customers.

Anyways, the things I was thinking of were:

- Windows 7 CAN be installed 32 bit, but BCA doesn't work well, it's expecting 64 bit

- use a USB stick plugged directly into your machine

- unplug everything else, especially Thunderbolt (I've read that can cause problems)

- disable Tuxera

- the USB 3 drivers issue with Parallels that I had

I'm sure there's more.

But I bet about 50% of the issues are caused by stuff like this.

Most of the guys asking for help are reasonably competent on the computer, but don't have the experience to be really good at solving issues like this.

So they make some ally mists, or just don't now some things that are causing them issues.

Solved Bootcamp not mounting: was Tuxera NTFS problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.