Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 8/8.0.2 reboots during call and then comes back

I have seen issues with IOS 8 and 8.0.2 on both an iPhone 5 and an iPhone 6 where I am on a conference call, and the phone goes dead to the white screen with the black apple, then 30 seconds later, the phone comes back on with the previous call still connected. Has anyone else seen this issue? I have seen this issue at least once a day since upgrading to IOS 8 on my iPhone 5 and my receipt of my iPhone 6 and then subsequently on IOS 8.0.2

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 1:45 PM

20 replies

Oct 17, 2014 8:24 PM in response to Johnnyc77

This very same thing everyone here has posted about happened to me this very evening. I only found this post by googling around as there's not too much.

I have a 5c, my friend has a 5s. Both of us running 8.02. During a call, first my phone cut out like the call dropped and I see the Apple logo on screen like its rebooting. I'm like "what the..." but before I can even say the word, my phone is back at the home screen and my call resumes. Even the call time counter kept counting like the call never dropped. But I could not here my friend though he said he could still hear me.

The strange part of this is within a couple of minutes the exact same thing happened to my friend on his phone during our same call. Apple logo, screen reboot, he can't hear me for like 5 seconds and then all is normal again. He suspects the NSA; I say loose bolts in the plumbing.

Man, I hope this 8.1 update fixes this. And Safari, which runs awful. And the Camera Roll. And the... 😐

Oct 28, 2014 11:24 AM in response to jcrouth

I've experienced this same problem about 5 or 6 times since updating. I updated the day the first iOS8 came out. I have a 32GB iPhone 5. I've also been having trouble with bluetooth connecting to my 2012 Mazda 2012 CX-9 (dialing out from the phone won't connect until after someone picks up). But with regard to the dark issue, here's what happens: I'm on the phone talking and I suddenly don't hear anything, then I look down and the screen is very dark with a slight glow of the apple in the center, then the Apple logo disappears and the screen is totally dark, I can't hear anything for about 10-20 seconds, then suddenly I hear the other person on the line saying "hello, hello?". And then the phone is back working fine. I've tried everything. Resetting network settings, rebooting, backing up and restoring, and now updated to 8.1 (12B411). Nothing seems to work. I'm sure Apple will figure this out but hopefully sooner than later. By the way, the phone thing is really a bummer. I didn't mention this but after someone picks up I then have to manually choose to switch audio over to the Mazda. Doing this while driving is a bummer. On the bright side, if I dial using the Mazda bluetooth voice control, or if its an incoming call, the bluetooth works fine.

Oct 28, 2014 6:19 PM in response to jcrouth

I have an AT&T iPhone 5s 32gb. It's been having this same problem since I upgraded to iOS 8 and continued with ios 8.1. I will be on a call using my Bluetooth headset and it happens. A quick reboot (30 seconds?) and the call is back.

if if it happens once, then it'll happen very quickly again after. Usually only 2-3 times per day. The next day it may not happen again. I can't determine any pattern as to when / why its happening.

IOS 8/8.0.2 reboots during call and then comes back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.