Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPHONE 6 RUNNING HOT

Is anyone having problems with there iphone 6 running hot even when not in use?

iPhone 5, Other OS

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 3:04 PM

5 replies

Oct 3, 2014 1:47 PM in response to PINOOTS

My iPhone 6 gets burning hot after only 10 minutes talking on the phone. It cools down quickly when I hang up, but it's so hot when I'm calling someone that I can't hold it against my ear and cheek, I have to use the speaker phone function. This is obviously a big problem! Has anyone heard of Apple trying to do something about this?

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Jul 2, 2015 7:46 AM in response to PINOOTS

YES. Especially on the maps app but also on calls. Gets super, super hot.

In the middle of winter I had my phone die from being too hot, had to do a long restore thru itunes. Failed me at a very bad time and place. It would have been a minor inconvenience if I was home but I was traveling to my brother's funeral. Wrote what I wanted to say on my phone and it died in route to the church due to me using it for navigation to an unfamiliar place. Had to wing it and then had to deal with trying to do a restore on someone else's very old computer.

Don't write anything important on your phone. If you are using it for even for a moderate amount of time for navigation, take it out of it's case and make sure it gets air around it. Even in cold winter months. It was probably about 20F the day this happened. And I had it laying on my dashboard in a case as you do when you are using the maps.

IPHONE 6 RUNNING HOT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.