Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I Family Share in-app purchases?

How do I Family Share in-app purchases? The free app only allows certain areas to open. An in-app purchase unlocks the full app capability. I cannot Family Share the in-app purchase. How do I do this?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 5:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 6:58 PM

Unfortunately, that's not possible 😟

10 replies

Oct 6, 2014 5:10 AM in response to howardfromsahuarita

There is a way to get around it, as it worked for me!😁

I turned on family sharing for my son. Now I have set up an Apple ID account for him too. His ipad was under my Apple ID account but I have since restored the ipad to factory settings, setting it up as his own now (you don't need to do this step, but I chose to do it so everything on his ipad is under his account now).

When I logged into the App store on his ipad, using his Apple ID account I can access the apps that I have purchased (I being the main account holder). However I had the same issue as you, that I couldn't family share the in-app purchases.😠

To get around this on his ipad, I logged off from the app store with his Apple ID account and then logged into it again using my Apple ID account. Therefore I could download the original apps that I had purchased for him + the in-app purchases. Then I logged out of the app store using my Apple ID account and logged in again using his Apple ID Account. Bingo now the full app is on his ipad!😎

Then I synced his ipad to the itunes library on my PC, so the apps are now in his library. It would be also wise to do a backup so you don't have to repeat this process again.....

Cheers😁

How do I Family Share in-app purchases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.