Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How old is my imac? How do I tell?

How can I find out when my imac was built?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 6:08 PM

Hi Henry,

There is know exact way to find out when you iMac was "built" but you can find out the year it was released and the version it is running.

1. Go to the  logo in the top left corner of your iMac

2.Select About this Mac

3.Click More Info...

4. You will see 4 tabs "Overview,Displays,Storage,Memory" Make sure that you are on Overview

5. It will look like thisUser uploaded file you will see below iMac it will sa the model of you iMac

Hope that helped

nchra007 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2014 6:08 PM in response to Henry Spindler1

Hi Henry,

There is know exact way to find out when you iMac was "built" but you can find out the year it was released and the version it is running.

1. Go to the  logo in the top left corner of your iMac

2.Select About this Mac

3.Click More Info...

4. You will see 4 tabs "Overview,Displays,Storage,Memory" Make sure that you are on Overview

5. It will look like thisUser uploaded file you will see below iMac it will sa the model of you iMac

Hope that helped

nchra007 

Oct 1, 2014 7:04 PM in response to Henry Spindler1

Depending on the OS you are running, you can find it in About this Mac (Apple menu), More Info...

On newer OS’s it will be right on the Overview, or on older OS’s you will be taken to System Information (or System Profiler).

The model identifier can be found in the Hardware Overview.

You can cross check the model number or identifier here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1758?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

How old is my imac? How do I tell?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.