Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Calendar doesn't sync to Mac

As of a short (not sure just when, it could have been the 10.9.5 upgrade) time ago:

• events created on iPhone sync to iCloud.com

• events created on iCloud.com sync to iPhone

• events created on Mac sync to iCloud.com

But nothing in iCloud.com syncs to my Mac without opening Calendar. And syncing doesn't continue if I leave Calendar open in the background: I have to close/re-open Calendar to get more events to sync.

As I like to create reminders of events on my phone when I'm out and about, and then have the reminder notification waiting for me when I get back to my desk, this is a big pain.

I've tested to see if there's something blocking iCloud by disabling my network filter. and firewall temporarily. No help. I've logged in/out of iCloud on all devices several times; restarted my Mac.Upon reboot of the Mac, everything previously added to iCloud syncs, but nothing added afterward goes through.

Any ideas?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 5:37 PM

9 replies

Oct 2, 2014 11:51 AM in response to One Last Punk

Make sure you are adding the calendar events on your Mac to your iCloud calendar and not a non-iCloud calendar such as On My Mac (only iCloud calendars sync with iCloud). You can set the default calendar by opening the calendar app and going to Calendar>Preferences and choosing your default on the General tab.

If you are and it still isn't syncing, try going to System Preferences>iCloud, sign out, choose Delete at all of the prompts (your data will still be in iCloud), restart your Mac, then go back and sign back in (your data will download back to your Mac). Then test your calendar again.

Oct 2, 2014 12:21 PM in response to randers4

It's adding events from my phone that doesn't work; the other way around is just fine. The calendar I'm using is definitely an iCloud calendar on both devices (since adding events on either results in the events showing on iCloud.com).

Signed out, deleted, rebooted. Same result: everything already added to an iCloud calendar syncs to the Mac when it boots, but no further additions make it through. The only-on-reboot syncing really puzzles me.

Thanks, again.

Oct 2, 2014 12:33 PM in response to One Last Punk

Any calendar events that appear on iCloud.com should sync to your Mac. If that isn't happening, and you've already signed out of your account and signed back in then you'll probably need to contact Apple support. There's a list of additional troubleshooting steps here you can look though but I doubt any of these are going to help: iCloud: Troubleshooting iCloud Calendar. There are also some advanced troubleshooting steps here but you may want to call support before attempting these: iCloud: Advanced Calendar and iCal troubleshooting.

Oct 4, 2014 12:21 AM in response to randers4

Hey Randers4!

I'm about ready to pull my hair out I'm so frustrated with the calendar on my Mac. I've deleted my sign-in from my phone, my Mac, everything you've suggested here and in other posts. Yet I'm still getting: "The server responded with an error. Access to account “iCloud” is not permitted. The server responded: “403” to operation CalDAVAccountRefreshQueueableOperation."

Do you have any idea what I could do to get my Mac to sync with my iCloud account again?

Thanks!

iCloud Calendar doesn't sync to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.