Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad mini is slower and freezes after the new iOS 8.2 update

why did I update if if everything was working fine. Now I have a typing delay as Im typing this. When I web browse, it is slow and sometimes freezes on the screen and I have to exit out the web browser and start again. I updated thinking it will sharpen my camera delay but reality made everything slower. Yes I turned off and on my iPad yes I rebooted it by holding down home and power to reset and still the same.

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 7:56 PM

7 replies

Oct 1, 2014 8:08 PM in response to Black_Hartz

I have been having the same problems too. Mine is so slow I want to scream and that's if it works at all. At times it is completely unresponsive to touch at all. It has taken me to the Apple logo screen more times than I can count. It also stutters, by which I mean the screen blinks non stop. Apple fix my iPad, your update broke it! My 5S phone did ok with the update so I assumed my iPad would also, I had only known. Apple pease stop ignoring your customers. It seems like you only care that people who bought your new phones got a fix but not those of is with older devices (both about 1 year!) this is so,frustrating!

Oct 1, 2014 8:15 PM in response to Gabbyellen

Apple is not here. We are an online community of consumers just like you. I highly suggest providing feedback at Apple.com/feedback or calling tech support. Apple does care about their customers and will take your feedback seriously.

I Downloaded 8.0.2 to my iPad mini and had some minor issues with the device running slowly.. I ended up backing up my data and doing a factory reset and it's all good now. I wish you the best of luck in resolving your issue!

Oct 1, 2014 8:31 PM in response to ajance78

I find navigating the Appel site a little confusing and I couldn't even figure out where to go to make a formal complaint. (Though I'm sure they have plenty) I did a reset as someone else suggested and I think it is faster when loading pages but still theres a lag and drag when typing. I think overall there's some improvement, I thank you all because I am electronically challenged and he who fixes things has the nerve to be off at college. So I had to fend for myself. Thanks for caring and taking the time to reply.

My iPad mini is slower and freezes after the new iOS 8.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.