Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send nor receive photos to/from non-iPhone users

I have Metro PCS and I have unlimited data and ever since I updated to iOS 8, I haven't been able to send picture messages to non-iPhone users. I have tried everything I've found online and nothing works. It was working PERFECTLY before we updated to iOS8! I could send picture messages to anyone without any problem. The rest of my family, who share the same family plan with me, can send pictures just fine (they're all android users). However, my sister and I, who are iPhone 5s users, can't send nor receive picture messages. Every time we try to send a pic to an android user, it immediately says not delivered. It doesn't even try to send it. And it's not a problem with my data because I can watch youtube videos with my 4g just fine. I even turn off the Wi-Fi to test it out and it works well. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 1, 2014 6:58 PM

15 replies

Dec 28, 2017 6:10 AM in response to Rockintictaco

Rockintictaco wrote:

I agree, and it’s unacceptable that this is still an issue. No one wants to go through the pain of getting everyone to download an app to text. Everyone doesnt have the space to add an app just to communicate with one person as you should be able to via text for one

Yes, Metro PCS has been a problem for a long time. However, they won't be reading this forum. You should contact them directly.

Nov 24, 2014 4:50 AM in response to electronicsguy123

electronicsguy123 wrote:

i don't need to, everyone of my contacts has it. Plus every new contact/friend i've made in the last year or two has had it. maybe the apple fanbois here don't like to hear that.

I'm happy that it works for you. It may not be an option for the OP. It certainly wouldn't work for me as I have a fair number of friends with basic phones. Again, Whatsapp is only viable as a replacement for SMS if everyone you want to message is willing to download and use it. If everyone the OP knows is not wiilling to do that, they may need to resolve their existing problem.

Nov 24, 2014 12:14 PM in response to electronicsguy123

Perhaps you could also suggest to the OP that he simply use email to contact people and to send picture images?

That's actually even more viable, since most people have email addresses these days.

Or, he can write letters and print photos and mail them to his friends. The Post Office can deliver to most any address, and most people have mailing addresses these days.

These all fall into the same category as your WhatsApp recommendation.

Nov 24, 2014 2:46 PM in response to electronicsguy123

electronicsguy123 wrote:

right, so i mentioned it as an alternative, which may work for the OP. then again it may not, but alteast there was no indication that the OP was aware of the tool so I mentioned it. If at all, it'd only help and not hurt him.

I never said there was anything wrong with your suggestion. I was merely adding very important information that you left out in your attempts to be somehow more modern than the people you perceive to be "fan boys". However, as the OP hasn't been back since October 1, none of this is terribly relevant.

Nov 16, 2016 6:46 AM in response to ssoutherly

ssoutherly wrote:

I know this is an old thread but this just happened to my iphone6. Did the "reset network settings" as mentioned and fixed my issue. Thanks

Do you mean you have a phone on Metro PCS and you're having this problem? If so, contact Metro PCS. There may be a problem with your account or the settings on the phone. Metro PCS is notorious for this.

If you have another carrier, you should still contact them first and make sure your account is properly set up. You should also make sure you have MMS enabled in Settings>Messages. You will also need to have an active data connection, either WiFi or cellular. Resetting your network settings will take about 2 minutes and won't hurt anything so you should definitely try it. The only thin you will lose is your saved WiFi passwords.

Can't send nor receive photos to/from non-iPhone users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.