Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why entire library is in one project folder?

I don't understand why my entire Aperture library rests inside one project folder.

I'll close Aperture and open iPhoto, and the same project folder has only 37 photos as it should.

But in Aperture, my entire library is in the one project folder. Why? Feels messy.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 1:26 AM

9 replies

Oct 2, 2014 2:29 AM in response to eterniti

Which version of iPhoto and Aperture are you using?

What do you mean by "Project folder"? Are you looking at folders in Aperture and iPhoto? Or at projects in Aperture and events in iPhoto?

iPhoto will show any Aperture project as an event, and both should be showing the same number of images, unless you have hidden photos in iPhoto or rejected images in Aperture.

If you select a folder with projects inside, Aperture will display all images inside the albums and projects in that folder at once.

So, to answer your question, we need to know exactly what you are looking at, both in Aperture or iPhoto.

Oct 2, 2014 8:45 AM in response to léonie

Hello and thank you for your time.

Im currently running Aperture 3.5.1 and iPhoto 9.5.1

Projects in Aperture, Events in iPhoto.

As I present. The first photo shows an event in iPhoto that shows 29 images in this event, and it has 29 images.

The second photo is showing the same event as a project in Aperture with 29 images,

but when I open the project in Aperture (third photo) the entire library rests inside this project.

As I looked closer, there are actually 5 project folders in Aperture that has the entire library resting in them.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Oct 2, 2014 5:12 PM in response to eterniti

It's not. You are looking at the projects "thumbnail view." Each "picture" in there is a representative thumbnail for a project. If you put the mouse on top of one of them and move it left or right, you'll see Aperture scrolling through the photos in the project.

Go select one of the projects at bottom left to select that specific project.

Nothing is messy here; Aperture is showing you the entire library, by project, in the "Projects" view.

Why entire library is in one project folder?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.