Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover lost Apple Configurator files?

Hello,

I am working in a secondary school in the UK and we manage about 20 iPads using Apple Configurator. A couple of weeks ago the MacBook Pro used to configure these iPads has crashed.

Unfortunately, we did not have a back up of the Mac and therefore it seemed we have lost all our Configurator Files and VPP codes. As you can imagine, this has put us into quite a pickle and quite a bit of stress, as we had a number of paid apps installed on these iPads using VPP.

I went down to the Apple Store and we managed to recover all the data that was on the Hard Drive, but I am now stuck on how to recover the Apple Configurator Files and VPP codes, so I could use it as before.

Is there a way to do this? Could I somehow reclaim the VPP codes from the iPads and start over?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Many Thanks, Attila

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 2:47 AM

1 reply

How to recover lost Apple Configurator files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.