Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting reminders to use time AND location in IOS 7

When I set a reminder for a time, 1 pm, Thursday and a location, home, and I arrive home at 12:01 am Thursday morning IOS 7 will trigger the alert which is obviously not the desired behavior. I don't remember this working this way in IOS 6. I recall IOS 6 wouldn't alert until both conditions had been met which is the desired behavior. Is there a way to fix this in IOS 7 or will installing IOS 8 fix the problem?

Also, are the badges for reminders fixed in IOS 8?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 1:02 AM

2 replies

Oct 2, 2014 1:52 AM in response to Shroomerist

If you have set an alarm for a specific time, then all conditions should be met before the notification is triggered.

First read Apple's KB article: iOS: Using Reminders

And then this nice Guide on iDownloadBlog.com: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/05/17/ios-7-the-ultimate-reminders-app-guide/

If still having trouble, you can try resetting your iPhone by simultaneously pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons until you see the Apple Logo. This can take up to 15 seconds so be patient and don't release the buttons until the logo appears.

Try again to see if the problem persists.

Getting reminders to use time AND location in IOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.