Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I see photo stream photos on my mac?

I have photo stream turned on on both my iPhone 5S (running iOS 8) and my Macbook Pro, but I can't see some of my iPhone photos on my mac. Is it iCloud's problem or am I just mistaken?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4)

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 2:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 3:11 AM

The photo Stream may show different photos on all devices, depending on when you activated the stream. After activating My Photo Stream it will be initialized with the photos that are currently in iCloud, and that will only be the photos you uploaded during the last 30 days. Other devices may still be showing older photos in the Photo Stream, if they did download them earlier.

Get help using My Photo Stream

Your iPhone will only start downloading to your Mac, after you closed the Camera App and connect to Wi-Fi, also the battery needs to be properly charged.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2014 3:11 AM in response to Griffindore22

The photo Stream may show different photos on all devices, depending on when you activated the stream. After activating My Photo Stream it will be initialized with the photos that are currently in iCloud, and that will only be the photos you uploaded during the last 30 days. Other devices may still be showing older photos in the Photo Stream, if they did download them earlier.

Get help using My Photo Stream

Your iPhone will only start downloading to your Mac, after you closed the Camera App and connect to Wi-Fi, also the battery needs to be properly charged.

Why can't I see photo stream photos on my mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.