Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay not working with Flixster

I have updated my ipad 2 to IOS 8 and am using apple TV 3 software version 7.0 (6897.5) but since the IOS update i can no longer stream films from Flixster using air play I keep getting the error "unable to load content"

I can still stream You Tube footage via air play but not Flixster, I have tried using m neighbours internet connection, restarted both ipad, router and apple TV, re-assign IP addresses but nothing seems to work.

Has anybody else had this issue and more importantly resolved the problem.

iPad 2, iOS 8, Apple tv 3

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 6:32 AM

5 replies

Aug 31, 2015 11:08 AM in response to Rudegar

to Rudegar. The Flixster Video app is suppossed to allow streaming to the Apple TV. (But it doesn't work as I've mentioned which has led to several negative comments on the Apple iOS App Store.)

From the Ultraviolet/Flixster support site;

"Yes, you can stream your movies to your Apple TV via the Flixster Video app by using the Airplay feature on your compatible iOS device."

http://support.ultraviolet.flixster.com/ics/support/TSList.asp?folderID=742&task =knowledge

Aug 31, 2015 8:05 PM in response to bb-15

I worked on this problem.

After turning on mirroring with AirPlay, I was able to get Flixster movies to appear on a TV screen with the Apple TV.

Unfortunately while I can see the films with mirroring using an iPad, they are not full screen on the TV.

However, using Flixster on an iPhone 6 (since it's wide screen), AirPlay fills the screen but playback is choppy.

Not the best situation. Maybe someday Flixster streaming to Apple TV will improve.

AirPlay not working with Flixster

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.