Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.0.2 corrupted download (error 1403)

I can't successfully download ios 8.0.2 either via iTunes or OTA. The error message is that the downloaded file was corrupted (err=1403). I have temporarily disabled my antivirus and firewall on both my desktop and router, but am still having the issue.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 10:47 AM

10 replies

Oct 2, 2014 10:58 AM in response to larry3097

Is this message appearing in iTunes or on the phone? You may need to try to restore again, but see this support document for help. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Error 1403 does not appear in the list of errors for updates and restores, but you can take a look yourself. Resolve iOS update and restore errors. You might need to double-check the error number.

Oct 2, 2014 2:13 PM in response to larry3097

I triple checked the error code and it is 1403. I also reviewed that specific support document a few days ago and realized that the 1403 error code was not listed. In my research, I also noticed that a others have had experienced this error with previous ios releases as well as ios 8.0.2. If anyone has any idea how to fix this issue, I would very much appreciate the help.

Nov 27, 2014 6:42 AM in response to larry3097

You can fix error 1403, follow these steps..

1. connect your device with your iTunes.

2. keep pressing your home button until you see the iTunes sign with the apple cable sign( recovery mode).

3. Once your device is in recovery mode, keep pressing your power button and home button together, your device will switch off. keep pressing both the buttons, once device is on, release the power button and keep pressing the home button.

4. You will see a similar pop on your screen saying restore and update your device. Click and follow the steps.

5. it will be restored and updated without showing any 1403 error.

@Abhi@

Dec 11, 2014 3:53 AM in response to larry3097

Hi, ive also ran into this issue before, most likely the 1403 error comes from itunes not seeing your previous ipsw file from the last update whick is located in... Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPhone Software Updates for windows 7 users (this folder is also hidden, to view it you must choose to view hidden files and folders, after i deleted the old ipsw from that folder, i re downloaded the updated ipsw file from...http://www.redmondpie.com/ios-8.1-download-links-for-iphone-and-ipad-released-di rect-links/ thre are many different sites where you can obtain the ipsw file, after downloading it, i transferred it to the folder on my computer where the corrupted file was, after that i had no further issues with my restore...cheers and good luck

iOS 8.0.2 corrupted download (error 1403)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.