Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applescript editor will not display my scripts

About every 6 months I run a series of scripts. This time my scripts will not run nor will they display in the editor. Restoring from past versions does not help. I know the script files still contain information because I can open (but not use) them with TextEdit. Ideas?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Applescript 2.6.1

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 10:39 AM

6 replies

Oct 2, 2014 4:43 PM in response to Brunozzz

Scripts can be saved in a number of formats including plain text (compiled at runtime), compiled (really, tokenized, but the difference is subtle), and run-only.

The first two forms (plain text and compiled) can be opened in the editor and changed at will. The latter form is only stored in its compiled/tokenized form and cannot be edited. From your description it sounds like your scripts fall into the latter category. There is no known way to restore from read-only to an editable form.

Applescript editor will not display my scripts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.