Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keep getting need to authorize computer to sync.

Keep getting need to authorize computer to sync. This computer has been. I have already done the delete of the sc file. I use this computer for this all the time I dont know what changed. I even uninstalled itunes and put it back on. Can anyone help please? Getting frustrated

iPhone 5, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 1:37 PM

11 replies

Oct 3, 2014 10:00 AM in response to ryan.elson

Running short of ideas. Just to confirm you get an authorization prompt when syncing, but your computer is already authorized and none of the usual methods are helping. There is no content from a different account on the device. If I recall the sync usually goes through a backup phase and then transfers any new/updated purchases on the device into your library before syncing. Perhaps there is something on the device that is corrupt and triggers this error in that phase of the sync. You might try backing up the device, restoring as a new device, then restoring the backup that you'd taken earlier.

tt2

Keep getting need to authorize computer to sync.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.