Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 does not show in iTunes when using WiFi

My iPhone 6+ shows up in iTunes when connected via USB. But if I disconnect the cable and turn off iTunes and then come back later it does not show up like my iPhone 5 did using OS 7.

I have the option selected in iTunes to "automatically connect using WiFi".

I have tried turning off my phone and restarting iTunes but it does not help.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 2:11 PM

1 reply

Oct 5, 2014 12:35 PM in response to PaulVRealty

Greetings Paul,

It sounds as though you are attempting to sync with iTunes via WiFi, and are running into some complications. After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help in this situation. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice concerning iTunes WiFi sync:

Sync using Wi-Fi

1. Open iTunes
  2. To set up Wi-Fi syncing, connect your iOS device to your computer with the included USB cable.
  3. Click the Device button in the upper-right corner. (If viewing the iTunes Store, click the Library button first.) If you don't see your device, choose View > Hide Sidebar.
  4. In the Summary tab, select "Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi."
    User uploaded file
  5. When the computer and the iOS device are on the same network, the iOS device will appear in iTunes, and you can sync it. The iOS device will sync automatically when the following conditions are true:
    • The iOS device is charging.
    • iTunes is open on the computer.
    • The iOS device and the computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
  6. While the iOS device is in the left-hand column of iTunes, you can select the content tabs and configure sync options.
  7. Click Apply or Sync to sync the iOS device.

If the iOS device doesn't appear in the Devices section or you can't sync, please try these steps.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,
BobbyD

iPhone 6 does not show in iTunes when using WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.