Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime not recognising new Apple ID password

I updated multiple devices to IOS8 (iPhones and iPads/minis).

I also changed Apple ID password security.

Now FaceTime doesn't recognise the new Apple ID password so won't work anymore.

Help please

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 3:36 PM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2014 8:29 AM in response to Brett L

I have the same issue.

Everything else including this site recognises my new apple password. BUT FaceTime still does not ....

This is IMMENSELY annoying as it means I cannot speak with relatives in England at the moment. Facetime is so buggy with this kind of thing I may switch them all to Skype when I return home from the states.

EVERYTHING else works fine - JUST facetime that is screwed up (a common occurrence sadly ... unclear how something so simple can make using it so difficult and awful).

Please explain how to resolve and not just change the password .... I have tried this and again EVERYTHING but facetime works so it must be facetime. Shame it can't be removed and reinstalled ...

IPAD2 recently upgraded to IOS8.1

Apr 12, 2015 3:18 PM in response to hungrysokoke

I solved the problem by doing 2 things:

1. I have 2-step verification turned on for my Apple ID. Even though my Mac and iPad weren't initially asking for it, after restarting they asked for application-specific passwords that need to be generated at the Apple ID site. I plugged in those custom passwords.

2. I restarted my iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Interestingly, after playing around on the settings menus for a few minutes, that seemed to cause "iPhone Cellular Calls" option to appear under Settings -> FaceTime. It was set to "on" by default when I saw it, but I hadn't seen it in my previous attempts to get it working. This "iPhone Cellular Calls" option was now on under the FaceTime preferences on my Mac too. Now I can make calls through my iPhone normally.

FaceTime not recognising new Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.