Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my contacts during back up on my 4s ,How do i get it ?

I lost all the contacts from my 4s during backup ,How do i get it ?

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 2:30 PM

1 reply

Oct 5, 2014 1:10 PM in response to WEBUYE

Hello WEBUYE,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help in this situation. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice concerning backups and restoring. You may to have restore from an older backup (if possible) to retrieve contact information:

Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

Use iTunes

You can use iTunes to back up and restore your content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Back up

To back up the content on your iOS device, use these steps:

1. Make sure your computer has the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Connect your iOS device to your computer.
  3. Choose File > Devices > Back up.
    If you're using iTunes 10.7 or earlier, right-click the device and choose Backup Now.

You can also back up by syncing your iOS device with your computer. When you use iTunes to sync, backing up is the first step.To check that the backup finished successfully, open iTunes Preferences and select the Devices tab. You'll see the name of the device along with the date and time iTunes created the backup.
User uploaded file

Restore from a backup

If you have a new iOS device, or if you need to restore your device to resolve an issue, use these steps:

1. Connect your iOS device to the computer that has your backup.
  2. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  3. Choose File > Devices > Restore from Back up.
    If you're using iTunes 10.7 or earlier, right-click the device and choose Restore from Backup. iTunes and iOS don't support installing backups of later versions of iOS onto devices that are using earlier versions of iOS.

Thanks,

BobbyD

I lost my contacts during back up on my 4s ,How do i get it ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.