Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power on problems yet again

I was doing some work on my iBook G4 yesterday. I shut everything down when I was done and when i go to start it back up again, nothing happens. I have taken my battery out and unplugged the charger and put both back end and everything but still nothing. the battery says that it is fully charged. some one please help!!

iBook G4 (12-inch Mid 2005)

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 3:29 PM

2 replies

Oct 5, 2014 12:59 PM in response to HeatherNicole86

Hello HeatherNicole86,

It sounds like your computer will not power on, even after you verified that your battery is fully charged. I would use these steps from the following article to help resolve the issue or determine if it might need service, named:

Troubleshooting: My computer won't turn on

1. Disconnect all accessories that are plugged in to the computer, such as a printer, hub, or other mobile device.
  2. If your Mac supports user-installable memory, solid state drive, or hard drive, and you recently installed any of these, make sure they are installed correctly and are compatible with your computer. If possible, reinstall the original memory or drive into the computer to find out if the behavior persists afterwards.
  3. Reset the SMC.
  4. If you are still unable to start up your computer after trying each of these steps, visit an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider (AASP) for further diagnosis. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail Store, make a reservation at the Genius Bar using http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/ (available in some countries only).

Note: Diagnostic fees may apply for issues not covered under warranty or the AppleCare Protection Plan (APP).

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Oct 5, 2014 2:59 PM in response to HeatherNicole86

You may have to try & see if the page of instruction helps, how to:

•Resetting PowerBook and iBook Power Management Unit (PMU)

Since the above instruction/links appear to focus on later Intel-based

Apple computing products, you may have to google for add'l results.

PS: there also is this other thing, a PRAM reset. A recent change in

title of 'about nvram and pram' shows it as Mavericks; still works for

older OS X versions and earlier hardware. It may not help, though...

OS X Mavericks: Reset your computer’s PRAM

By now, days later, hopefully you've found either of these resets

helpful from some other source. This thread appeared to be new.

In any event...

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

Power on problems yet again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.