Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer camera roll photos to iCloud

Hi,

How do I transfer photos from my camera roll to iCloud? Do I need to put them on photo stream first? If so, then how would I transfer all of them to the photo stream?

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 7:04 PM

5 replies

Oct 2, 2014 7:11 PM in response to MattLev306

Hi Matt,

What iOS are you running? And what do you mean by wanting to transfer your Camera Roll photos to iCloud?

Currently the only way you can get photos to iCloud is via a backup. This will back up your Camera Roll, but backups are not permanent. iCloud only keeps the 3 most recent backups, and then writes over the oldest one when you do another.

What, exactly, are you wanting to do? If you are wanting to save your photos, then you need to import them to your computer or you need to store them on a cloud service like Dropbox or Flickr.

iCloud only keeps the last 30 days of your Photo Stream photos, so you definitely don't want to put them there, unless you are wanting to share them to another device you have signed on to the same iCloud account.

Need a better idea of what you are trying to do in order to provide you with the best solution.

Cheers,

GB

Oct 2, 2014 7:25 PM in response to gail from maine

Thanks Gail for responding….

My iPhone 4S is running on the iOS that was used before iOS 8. Its iOS 7, just not sure of the decimal, whatever the latest one was. I just bought an iPhone 6 and when I activated it using iCloud, hundreds of my photos were not on there. I checked my old phone, and I saw they were all in the Camera Roll still. I'm trying to get those photos onto my iCloud account, so that I can have them on my new phone.

How I would get those photos onto my new phone, is probably the real question I guess.

Thanks!

Oct 2, 2014 7:27 PM in response to MattLev306

OK, so did you back up your old phone and set up your new phone from that backup? If not, then the easiest thing to do at this point would be to import your Camera Roll photos to your computer and then sync the selected photos back to the iPhone 6 via iTunes:

PHOTO IMPORT IOS TO MAC/PC

iTunes: Syncing photos

Post back if you have questions! 🙂

GB

Transfer camera roll photos to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.