Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Msn says I must update my browser

Don't like the looks of my new MSN using Safari.

Message says update my browser.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), version 10.8.5

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 6:23 PM

5 replies

Oct 3, 2014 12:31 AM in response to Richeg

You can trick MSN into thinking that your Safari browser is actually Internet Explorer 10.0.

Safari, Preferences, Advanced tab, checkmark Show Develop menu in menu bar at the bottom of the page.User uploaded file

Close Safari and re-open it.

Now in the Safari top menu bar, select Develop, User Agent, and choose Internet Explorer 10.0 (Internet Explorer 9.0 also works)

User uploaded file

Turning on the Develop menu only needs to be done once.

I don't believe that the User Agent setting is permanent. If you turn off your computer, or quit Safari, when you re-start it, you may need to go back and reselect the User Agent setting from the Develop menu.

Oct 13, 2014 11:18 PM in response to kostby

how do I upgrade browser for new MSN?

I confirmed yesterday that MSN has updated their homepage so that it no longer discriminates against the most-recent Safari browsers releases for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, and OS X 10.9 Mavericks. The MSN home page once again displays properly-formatted pages with images and text organized into columns, and the 'update your browser' message no longer appears.

Oct 14, 2014 6:41 PM in response to kostby

Both my iMacs are now upgraded using a Comcast cable network. My Century Link two conductor wire was to slow for upgrading.

This is the second time I have upgraded and both times Comcast worked and Century Link did not. Where I live they are all acreage spaces

so we have phone lines and Dish network but no cable ran do to the distance between homes.

Thank you for your reply,

Problem is solved.

Msn says I must update my browser

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.