Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some devices won't connect to wifi network after resetting network settings to default

Hi all,

I had to restore to the default settings on my 4th generation Time Capsule today and now half of our devices will not connect to the wifi network. The macbook pro (mid 2010 OS 10.9.4) that I used to reset the time capsule with and my iPhone 6 (8.0.2) both can connect just fine. However, our household's two iPad Airs (8.0.2), an iPhone 4s (iOS 7) and a Macbook (late 2009 OS 10.6.8) all can't connect to the internet. The macbook connects to the network, but an exclamation point appears over the wifi symbol. The two iPads and the 4s won't even connect to the network. I initially named the network the same as before with the same password, but then changed it thinking that might be the issue, to no avail. I've restarted the Time Capsule and all the devices that can't connect. I've also made them forget the network and try to rejoin. The router is connecting with DHCP, it is in bridge mode while connected to a cable modem, and the wireless security is set to WPA/WPA2 Personal.

I'm at my wit's end. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB RAM

Posted on Oct 2, 2014 9:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 12:10 AM

If your cable modem is a pure modem the TC must be in router mode.. ie DHCP and NAT.

It is easy to find out.. check the IP you get on the WAN of the TC in airport utility.

Your limit is because only one or two public IP are available.

If that is the not the problem please give more info.

What modem do you have??

And give some screenshots of the setup .. summary page from the TC and network and Internet tabs.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2014 12:10 AM in response to NHowitz

If your cable modem is a pure modem the TC must be in router mode.. ie DHCP and NAT.

It is easy to find out.. check the IP you get on the WAN of the TC in airport utility.

Your limit is because only one or two public IP are available.

If that is the not the problem please give more info.

What modem do you have??

And give some screenshots of the setup .. summary page from the TC and network and Internet tabs.

Some devices won't connect to wifi network after resetting network settings to default

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.