Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot uninstall or upgrade icloud 3.1

I am trying to update icloud from 3.1. to 4 on a Windows 8.1 pc.

It won't install from the Apple Software Update console, nor from the downloaded updates folder: I get an error 'The specified account already exists', it then rolls back.

I've tried signing out of icloud and uninstalling, but get the same error 'The specified account already exists', it then rolls back.

I've tried renaming the Apple folder in c:/program files (x86)/common files to 'Apple.bak', but get the same error.

Grateful for help please so I can update it to version 4.

Thanks!

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 2:58 AM

9 replies

Oct 3, 2014 7:55 PM in response to SteelCityRunner

I'm also having a devil of a time upgrading iCloud 3.1 to 4 on my Win7 x64, I'm receiving the shown message every-time I try to upgrade to iCloud 4 and when I try to uninstall 3.1

I've found that it is pointless asking Apple, they seem to not give a ****, so I thought I'd post my questions here. Firstly, if I delete the files in C/:Program Files/Common Files/Apple/Internet Services, I am left with a folder Shellstreams.resources and a file Shellstreams64.dll should I remove these? Secondly how can I remove all references to iCloud from the Registry? I'm assuming that there is a registry entry causing the message about the specified account.

User uploaded file

Oct 3, 2014 8:31 PM in response to wally3178

I have a similar problem as ios8 and control panel 4.0 seem to caused problem. I solved the problem using this Apple support guide for itune at Apple software on Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

My suggestion is (all steps are safe)

a) First go to filehippo.com and download Cccleaner, run the registry routine "scan for issues" then "fixed all issue.. Then run the uninstall routine under tool tab, try to uninstall icloud control panel. If problem remains, do step b.

b) Download the Autorun program at the Apple support link above, run it, check under winsocks provider tab and see which programs are competing with Bonjour (Apple's service). Uninstall those conflicting programs first. Then inside Autorun->winsocks provider tab, right click on those conflicting program and delete them. Reboot and try to uninstall the icloud control panel again. If step b fails my mojo not strong enough and hope others can help.

I cannot uninstall or upgrade icloud 3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.