Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Time since last full charge" not working properly on iPad 3 since installing iOS8

Ever since I installed iOS8, my iPad 3 will initially display "time since last full charge" correctly. However, after about an hour of use on battery power, it resets by itself back to 0 usage and 0 standby. I tried restoring the device as new (was meaning to do that anyway) and it did not solve the issue. Otherwise the battery seems to be working normally, but I like keeping track of usage, so this is a bit annoying, Any suggestions? Perhaps it is just an iOS8 bug?

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 8:07 AM

3 replies

Mar 18, 2015 7:23 AM in response to ifonefanatic

Just updated to iOS 8.2 on my iPad 3 and I'm still experiencing this weird phenomenon which really started around 8.1. I have thoroughly experimented with this and even as recently as yesterday, I used the iPad for a couple of nights and saw that the Usage and Standby times were displaying properly; which they were. Tonight for some reason, it reverted back to the "–" mark. For some reason, and I don't know what's causing it, this is being reset by something. I haven't tried a restore as I have read that it really doesn't solve anything. But since in my case it was working fine for a couple of nights and then mysteriously reset, I doubt a restore will do anything. This must be some type of bug or conflict with an app or something. I am posting my thoughts here just to keep this issue up to date and perhaps attract more attention to it from Apple.

Mar 30, 2015 9:44 PM in response to ifonefanatic

This is definitely a real issue. I had thought I discovered the culprit when the usage statistics also reset on my iPhone 5 after a wifi sync. So I was going to experiment on my iPad and not sync for the life of the charge to see if a reset wouldn't happen. However, after charging the iPad fully for a FaceTime call with family that drained the battery to around 72%, I shut it off for a few days while using only my iPhone. When I started the iPad up today, the usage statistics were once again blank. My iPhone is now charging so I will proceed with the experiment on it instead, but I do believe that wifi sync won't be the cause. If an app is causing this, it's one of these that were listed as being used in the last 7 days (i.e. The only apps used when fullly charged and after shutdown to starting up today):

Safari, FaceTime, Home & Lock screen, Newsify, and Settings (in that order)

If anyone else is experiencing this phenomenon, please make note of it here. It could be helpful to narrowing down a cause and let Apple know of a bug in the OS.

Jul 1, 2015 5:33 PM in response to ifonefanatic

Been experimenting with this over these few months and I can't lock down a reason. Every time I thought it was a particular app, the stats would reset when I hadn't used the app or some other process. It has been frustrating because of the seemingly random nature of the reset. So, I apologize for not being able to at least track down the culprit.

"Time since last full charge" not working properly on iPad 3 since installing iOS8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.