Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add physical Apple Store gift card to Passbook?

I was given a physical gift card at Apple Store for refund. Is there a way to add it to Passbook ? I am running iOS 8.

Thank you

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 8:52 AM

9 replies

Nov 5, 2014 9:10 PM in response to Penopoly

I can't say for sure whether this is currently possible. However, I added an Apple Store gift card to passbook as recently as August of this year. I don't do this frequently (so I can't remember how I did it), but wouldn't imagine this is a feature Apple would want to remove. I called Applecare today to add another Apple Store card, but was on hold longer than I wanted to wait. I'm calling again tomorrow and will post the results.

Dec 9, 2014 12:28 PM in response to j2373

Hey!

I've just today found a way to do this.

The new style physical gift cards at Apple Stores have a scratch panel with a QR Code for them to download the pass in PassBook, so i did a bit of experimenting. I Scanned the QR code from the card into a QR Reader and it brought this up. (edited to remove my gift card details)

https://storepass.apple.com/pc/v1/card/CARDNUMBER/CARDPIN

So, i next used a QR generator to create a QR, but added my details, and then scanned that with passbook... and it worked!

(It will give an error about the pass being inactive when you try on safari so make sure you scan the code using the QR Scanner in passbook)

Aug 16, 2015 9:18 AM in response to appleboyy

Hey!

I've just today found a way to do this.

The new style physical gift cards at Apple Stores have a scratch panel with a QR Code for them to download the pass in PassBook, so i did a bit of experimenting. I Scanned the QR code from the card into a QR Reader and it brought this up. (edited to remove my gift card details)

https://storepass.apple.com/pc/v1/card/CARDNUMBER/CARDPIN

So, i next used a QR generator to create a QR, but added my details, and then scanned that with passbook... and it worked!

(It will give an error about the pass being inactive when you try on safari so make sure you scan the code using the +

How can I add physical Apple Store gift card to Passbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.