Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy photo album from iPad to mac

Over the last few year's I've uploaded photos from my cameral to a PC. Each upload would result in a separate folder on the PC. Then, synched the PC with my IPAD. Each folder from the PC then caused one album on the IPAD to be created. I got ride of the PC and now have a MacBook Air. I would like to get all of those albums from the IPAD to the MAC. I tried iPhoto. It kind of worked and kind of didn't work. Some (but not all photos) made it from IPAD to mac. And the structure of the folders were eliminated. Maybe 30 percent of the photos were copied from iPad to mac. I would like to copy all the photos from iPad to mac and also keep the folders in the same albums. How?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 12:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 12:22 PM

Can't be done.

Import the photos to the Mac and start over in iPhoto or whatever app you choose.

4 replies

Oct 3, 2014 12:40 PM in response to photog786

I would like to copy all the photos from iPad to mac and also keep the folders in the same albums.

You still have iOS 7 and iphoto on the iPad?

Then try to share an album to iTunes and then connect the iPad to USB and download the album. It will be available as a folder roof photos you can import to iPhoto.

Basically you would select all photos in one album and transfer this album, then the next, etc. A lot of work, but you would save your album structure. See this link: http://help.apple.com/iphoto/ipad/2.0/#blnkee26bc1f

Save photos to your computer using iTunes

• Connect your iOS device to your computer.
  • Tap a photo, album, event, web journal, or slideshow and tap Share User uploaded file > iTunes.
  • Tap Selected, or change the photos you want to save (if you are saving a slideshow skip to step 4):
    • Select different photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap one or more photos, and tap Next.
    • Select a range of photos: Tap Choose Photos, tap Range, tap the first and last photos in the range, and tap Next.
    • Select all the photos in an album or event: Tap All.
  • In iTunes, click the button for your device User uploaded file and click Apps at the top of the window.
  • Below File Sharing, select iPhoto (in Apps).
  • Select the Shared Photos folder under iPhoto Documents.
  • Click Save To and select the location on your computer where you want to save the items.
  • To view your photos, go to the Finder and look in the location you selected above.

Mar 26, 2015 12:09 AM in response to photog786

There are 2 simple ways:

- Use iPhoto to import your photos/videos when your iPad is connected to the Mac.

- Use the "Image Transfer" app on your Mac to import your photos/videos from your iPad to the Mac when your iPad is connected to the Mac.

And the 3rd way, works only for photos and iCloud. If your iPad is connected to iCloud and Photo Stream activated, simply go to iPhoto, and your photos will be there (i.e. it only works with photos and not with videos).

I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link

<Edited by Host>

How to copy photo album from iPad to mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.