Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weak wi-fi signal

My Comcast modem/router works well except when my computer is in the rear of the house. It's probably the distance and a cinder block wall that's causing the problem. Is there such a thing as a signal booster of some sort that will get the wi-fi signal up and around the problem?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 4:58 PM

Check out this article: AirPort Utility 6.x: Items that can interfere with a Wi-Fi network.

I know you do not have an apple airport device, but, This is most likely the case with weak wifi signals.

I would also recommend a

Netgear Universal Wireless Extender - White (WN3000RP). about 40-60 dollars but they work

I would also first try moving the router away from the cider block wall first and see how the wifi does.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 3, 2014 4:58 PM in response to paolo4mac

Check out this article: AirPort Utility 6.x: Items that can interfere with a Wi-Fi network.

I know you do not have an apple airport device, but, This is most likely the case with weak wifi signals.

I would also recommend a

Netgear Universal Wireless Extender - White (WN3000RP). about 40-60 dollars but they work

I would also first try moving the router away from the cider block wall first and see how the wifi does.

Weak wi-fi signal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.