Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 9 to a new computer

How can I transfer Logic Pro 9 to a new computer. I've already updated to 9.1.8.

I began with Logic Pro 8 (complete boxed suite), updated to 9 when it came out. Everything worked great. I bought a new computer and I migrated Logic Pro 9 and when I tried to use it I was asked to supply my serial number, I did. Then I was asked for my serial number for Logic Pro 8, I supplied it. Everything seemed to be going well but in the middle of the loading process, it crashes (actually around the time Kontakt 5 is loading).

Questions are: should I uninstall Logic and reinstall it? Can I just install Logic 9 (the update) since 8 came with the old computer and I don't have the discs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Donaldcarl

Logic Studio, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 5:43 PM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2014 10:53 PM in response to Donaldcarl

Just reinstall=ing Logic never seems to do much and is considered basically a waste of time in almost every case...

So.. while the following is a PITA.. it's the most reliable method to get everything up and running on a new Mac....

1) Reformat the System drive and install OS X using the Recovery partition...

Restart Mac (and when the gray screen appears), hold down the Command (⌘) and R keys.

Note: Dont simply reinstall OS X... Use the menu option to get to the Disk Utility... and reformat System Drive...Then install OS X..

2) Install Logic Pro 9 Update only.... It will ask for both your LP8 and then LP9 serials so enter them...

3) Update LP9 to 9.1.8 using this link...

Logic Pro 9.1.8

4) Test LP9 to ensure its all working

5) Install the latest Audio/Midi drivers if needed..

6) Test LP9 again....

7) Install Kontakt (latest version) or Komplete if that's what you have... and update via NI's Service Center

8) Test LP9 and Kontakt...

9) Now install anything else you use...

(10) Manually copy across all personal data, projects/photos/docs etc.. from old Mac via external HD or Thumb drive...

Dont use Migration..........

Logic Pro 9 to a new computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.