Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus camera does not auto focus

Was one of the first to preorder my 6 plus and when I received it the camera would not auto focus. Check forums and realized that some older iPhones had this issue and folk would just tap the back and front of the camera. Didn't want to risk that on my 6 plus. So here I am with a busted camera that won't auto focus at all. All shots are blurry. Took it to the technician and waiting on Apple to send a replacement. However it hasn't shipped yet and I'm at a loss to when this phone will ever come. Anyone else had a busted camera or suffered auto focus issues with their 6 plus?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 6:55 PM

25 replies

Dec 23, 2014 6:32 AM in response to dohoward

I also had this problem. Very near focus stuck.

Anyways, holidays are here. I need my camera. So, I took it to the Apple Store and they first diagnosed it as a problem with the lens ($60 repaired free under warranty). I was told it would be an hour. When I came back the helpful assistant notified me that the Home button was also faulty and they would be replacing the entire phone. They had a new one just like it. Fortunately my photos had been synced on the Cloud so nothing was lost.

Mar 26, 2015 5:36 PM in response to dohoward

About a week ago I noticed my camera had stopped focussing. I assumed I must have tripped some setting that shut it off by accident. Got around to looking into today and now I am very sad after I found this thread. 😟

It seems to be fixed on about a 6" focus distance. Maybe the mechanism jams at that extreme?

I received my 6 Plus in early November, so maybe they have fixed this.

Mar 27, 2015 3:04 AM in response to OrionEridanus

I had a same problem a few weeks ago. Neither the auto focus function nor manual stopped functioning.However, front camera was perfectly functioning. It happened only on the back camera. I brought my IPhone 6 plus to the Genius Bar and they knew this problem right away. They told me a part of the camera will be replaced or completely. It was originally billed 49.17 euro, but covered by warrant.

I thought it was fixed well. But this time, I had a strange auto functioning problem with my Camera+ (which is created by tap tap tap).Auto focus works at first but it will not function when you move your focus to another subject in a different distance. I have another iPhone which is 5 plus. iPhone 5 plus shows Camera plus' constant auto focus function. I brought this issue to Apple Genius Bar yesterday, but they said there's nothing they can do cause it's not iPhone 6 plus issue itself. They said I should use default camera as it is working well. The issue happens only when I use Camera plus. I don't know why iPhone 6 plus has many focus issues like this which I haven't experienced by prior iPhone model.

May 18, 2015 5:48 AM in response to dohoward

My rear camera auto focus stopped working. Close pictures were perfect. But once you zoomed in it wouldn't focus. Made an appt at the Genius Bar. They knew right away. Took my phone. 45 minutes later it was fixed. They replaced the camera, and it's all good. under warranty. Only hassle. I had to walk around the mall for 55 minutes while they fix it. :-)

iPhone 6 Plus camera does not auto focus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.