Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 heating up

I just bought my phone few days ago. From the day I bought it I realized the phone heats up after a little use. It gets really hot while using Wifi and downloading. Anyone else having these issues? What's the solution to this?

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 7:41 PM

i have 6+ over heating issue during normal usage, and 6 over heating while diving direction. besides that the phone is working normal

14 replies

Dec 1, 2014 1:39 PM in response to kocandrle

I had the same issue - When I first set up the iPhone 6, it emitted lot of heat until I completed the setup. Both sides were literally hot!

After then it was okay. few days later, I had an office call for 18 minutes and again I could feel the heat on both sides.

I called T-mobile customer service; Got directed to take the instrument to check with a Retailer; Finally, returned the iPhone 6 (luckily all of this happened within 10 days). Mine was iPhone-6 64 GB, Space Gray color. My friend got iPhone-6 16GB and said he did not face any issues.

I was advised that I should use a case. However, with $ 817, I am not convinced to "live" with a workaround. I am interested to see how others are facing & handling this "heat" issue

May 29, 2015 7:47 AM in response to mahedirakib

My I Phone 6 is a month old and I had been noticing slight over heating problems from the time I bought it new. Last night, I pluged the phone into its charger, and this morning I woke and found my phone off, and very hot. It was nearly hot enough to burn. It has been 5 hours since I discoverd the problem, and the phone will not power up, although it did finally cool off after a couple hours. It looks like another trip into the Apple store, or my career is on the schedule tonight. Has anyone heard, why this is happening to many of the I Phones out in the public? Has anyone heard anything new, on this?

Jun 29, 2015 11:26 PM in response to mahedirakib

Looks like i had to join the iphone 6 plus heats up "List Too.

I bought my mobile on 24th June 2015 around 9pm, and after the installment to retrieve whatever on my iCloud, I used it on the next day..

What a tragic to say, it is getting heats up!.. Way warmer to hot and I’m feeling so uncomfortable to use it. What if the\ mobile blow up on my face?

As I bought it from Mac studio live Malaysia @ Jaya Shopping Centre (Apple Re-seller) & they collected my mobile just yesterday 29th June 2015.

Now that the technician is saying it is normal? Hello? What it means heating up is normal? It caused me RM3, 550 (Malaysia RM)

iPhone 6plus heating up is normal? Unexpectable! Anybody facing this issue? I think most of us do!

Using wifi & chatting online & playing games like.. Fruit Ninja. Jurassic Worlds, Subway surfer & Bla Bla goes on..

It’s getting hot! And that’s not good! I hope I will get a replacer for this!

Terribly disappointed! – Not value for money! I need a replacer!

Oh yes, my friend and I bought at the same time, his is normal, unlike mine!

I want a solution for this – Yes a replacer iPhone 6 plus that does not have the same problem.

iPhone 6 heating up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.