Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Good iPad Air Messenger Bag?

Hello, Apple's User,

I am college student, and I only carry my iPad Air and a binder to school.

My requirement for a Messenger Bag: a good quality, affordable, the strap doesn't break when carrying for a long period of time, fit my iPad Air, a 1" binder, a non-graphing calculator, a water pocket and possibly a lunch.

You guys might asked, "Why not buy any messenger bag at online or retails, so why bothering asking?"

Reason is that I can't choose a good one nor know any good one.

I am not even sure if I should go for a "regular messenger bag" or the "vertical" one.

I am sure there are people in here that are in a similar situation as I am and can possibly help me.

Thank you.

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 9:52 PM

5 replies

Oct 5, 2014 4:24 PM in response to Ryou-kun

My only experience with messenger bags is with a horizontal Timbuk2. There aren't many things in life that totally exceed expectations - the TB2 bag has been one of them for me. They regularly have sales and close outs. Maybe that would place one in your price range. Not worth it trashing three cheap bags over a few years when you could be enjoying a quality bag. Miht also saves resources and reduces waste!

May 25, 2015 2:46 PM in response to Ryou-kun

We wrote an article about messenger bags on our blog which might give you some inspiration. Nowadays, most messenger bags have laptop compartments which means that storing your iPad should not be a problem at all. If you want something cheap, a leather messenger bag might not be the best choice. A plain, simple and cheap one which we liked is this one here from Asos.

In case you want to go with a leather messenger bag for your Mac Book or iPad, have a look at our article to get some inspiration.

Good iPad Air Messenger Bag?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.