Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I open a photo book created in Aperture 3 in iPhoto?

HI

I have created a photo book using Aperture 3 of a recent overseas tour. I want to send it to all the tour group so that they can print or buy their own copy.

Not everyone has Aperture but all will have iPhoto...

I have saved the book as a separate Library but when I open this library in iPhoto I cannot find the book - all the photos etc are there but not the book.

Solution???

viola67

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 9:33 PM

1 reply

Oct 4, 2014 12:39 AM in response to viola67

The unified library does not work for books and other products. Aperture and iPhoto cannot open each others books, because the editing options are different.

See: Using the Unified Photo Library http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5043

Print projects

Books, calendars, and cards created in iPhoto are visible in the Source list in Aperture, but you cannot edit them. Books, web pages, and web journals created in Aperture are not visible in iPhoto.

Recreate the book in iPhoto, or send your friends a PDF of the book. To create a pfd see: iPhoto, Aperture: Previewing an order in iPhoto or Aperture

can I open a photo book created in Aperture 3 in iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.