Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't highlight text in table

I can't highlight a text in a table. There are similar posts, but it seems there are no solutions. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

If a text is outside of a table, there's no problem. But once the text is inside, you can't highlight it.

My iPad is iPad 2, running iOS 7.1.2. Is my iPad too old?

Thanks in advance.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Mac Pro 3,1

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 3:25 PM

User uploaded file

Setting icon next to "Underline" -> character fill color

2 replies

Dec 4, 2015 6:38 AM in response to sabrinacf

What application is this screenshot? IBA? It does not look like any version of IBA that I've seen. An iBook does not have such a window. I don't understand how this helps. Sorry. Please explain??

I believe that Satoru may be asking why table text cannot be highlighted in an iBook (the finished book, not when designing in iBook Author) when viewing on his iPad. If there is text inside a table that text cannot be selected when tapped. So the table text cannot be highlighted, defined, noted, etc. that is a function with body text. (This is not a matter of iPad 2 or OS7)

This is a good question and I hope that someone knows the answer. I often need to place text in a table so the alignment is correct. While the plus is the clean layout, the minus is the table might as well be an imported image as readers cannot do anything with the text.

So, does anyone know how to make text selectable when inside a table?

J

Can't highlight text in table

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.