Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam email (gmail) disappeared as I clicked on it

So first off, I know, don't click on spam.

I'm using Acompli on my iPhone 6. I saw a spam message (gmail account) and I click on it to then move it to the spam folder. Only when I clicked on it, it simply disappeared. It's not in spam, it's not in my All Mail tab, it just vanished.

Anyone have any thoughts? Did it launch some flaky trojan? Should I wipe my phone?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 3, 2014 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2014 12:00 AM

iPhones don't support flaky trojans, or any other kind. That's why there's so little interaction between apps. So no, don't wipe your phone.

I suggest you email the Acompli people to see whether they have any thoughts on this odd behaviour

4 replies

Oct 4, 2014 1:02 AM in response to msully555

I agree with Nik that this question is best answered by Acompli, but it is possible that the app had not yet finished syncing your emails. Those emails flagged as possible spam are typically moved automatically to trash or spam folders and in some cases, if they contain an identified virus, are deleted by the email provider. It could be that email fell into that third category, had not yet been reflected in your app, and was simply coincidence that it was moved or deleted as you were tapping it.

Just a thought.

Spam email (gmail) disappeared as I clicked on it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.