Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are some of my contacts randomly showing as 'no caller id' in my recent calls list?

I updated to ios 8.0.2 yesterday and now when I go into my recent caller list lots of the numbers are showing up as 'No Caller ID' even thought they are in my contacts list, were showing up correctly before I updated, and when you go into the 'No Caller Id' number it shows the contact details. It isn't even uniform as to which contacts are affected with the same number sometimes showing correctly and other times showing no caller id. Is anyone else having this problem and can anyone tell me how I can fix this? So far I am not loving ios 8.0.2 one bit!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2014 3:30 AM

4 replies

Jan 21, 2015 8:13 AM in response to hmw1278

I'm also having this problem on my iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.2 installed.

In case it helps anyone to see the problem this is what my Recents list looks like in the Phone app (I have greyed out the two names it did randomly recognize). There does not appear to be any coherent pattern to this. All of the 'No Caller ID's listed are from people in my Contacts, as you can see it recognizes that they are from a mobile, work or other number and when you hit the i for more info the person's full contact details are displayed as per their entry in my Contacts app.

Restarting the phone has not solved it, neither has leaving the app open for a while. I know this is an old photo but it is still happening randomly with some new calls.

User uploaded file

Why are some of my contacts randomly showing as 'no caller id' in my recent calls list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.