Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I install Windows Technical Preview (a.k.a Windows 10 Preview) on my 13" 2009 MacBook Pro?

I received a update to install Windows Technical Preview (a.k.a Windows 10 Preview). Should I install it or not?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Oct 4, 2014 5:21 AM

3 replies

Oct 4, 2014 7:08 AM in response to remolanot

I would not

I had win7 in bootcamp and upgraded it from inside windows to 8 before official bootcamp driver support and had ½ of my login to windows result in fatal blue screens was all fixed when official bootcamp drivers was released and same deal happened when I upgraded win8 to 8.1 before official bootcamp driver were released

if you need to mess with win10 then I would advice you do to so in a virtual machine such as virtual box which is free too

May 3, 2015 7:59 AM in response to Rudegar

Hi,

I have a macbook pro 13" early 2011 version bootcamped with Windows 7 (originally) and now Windows 9926 technical preview, so I would... No blue screens no nothing, except to ensure that I had the correct bootcamp drivers installed. I initially had a problem with using the EFI boot and had no sound. However after using winclone to reset the partition to legacy boot and running windows in safe mode to get it to install the correct io drivers for the hdd, it works very well indeed.

I don't think you would have any problems if you just left the booting alone, but if you have any qualms and little skill, I would leave the technical/insider preview alone until it's properly supported by bootcamp.

If Apple drag their feet then it is a problem because windows 10 is a great interface.

Steve

Can I install Windows Technical Preview (a.k.a Windows 10 Preview) on my 13" 2009 MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.