Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

80GB Ipod Classic Says Charged But Turns Off When UnPlugged

Hello I have a 80 GB IPOD Classic (thick one).....and the other day it was playing music fine and as a matter of fact I was even able to upload a few songs from my itunes to it as well.......but yesterday I went to use it and it appeaerd to be "dead" so i plugged it in and came back later that day to check and the display screen read that it was CHARGED.....so i unplugged it and everything went black......i plugged it into my laptop and got nothing........I plugged it back into the wall charger and everything came back on.......the IPOD will stay on and play songs but only when plugged in.....as soon as I unplug it it goes black again and you can feel the hard drive shut off.......I am thinking maybe a bad battery but I am not to sure.......can anyone please offer me some advice as to what to do here please and thank you

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 4, 2014 8:02 AM

1 reply

80GB Ipod Classic Says Charged But Turns Off When UnPlugged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.