Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 no service 8.0.2 Vodafone UK

Hi

My iPhone keeps going in to no service mode randomly, if I do a aeroplane mode on and off, it usually clears it but it is getting very frustrating

Do you think this is an issue which will be sorted with an update or do I have a faulty handset?

Thanks

Tom

iPhone 6

Posted on Oct 4, 2014 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply
55 replies

Oct 24, 2014 12:55 AM in response to wegras

Just an update... I have changed the sim, reset everything and have done all recent updates. I am still getting random 'No Network' issues

I have spoke to Apple and they recommend I go in to store as it sounds like hardware but I can't believe these is something up with the phone. Do you think they will eventually fix this with an update or should I just go swap the handset, I am not convinced this will sort it.

Has anyone successfully sorted this issue just by getting a new handset?

Nov 19, 2014 8:23 AM in response to unido

Unido, I'm getting the same issue here with iPhone 6 on Vodafone - happens once in every few days, only restarting the iPhone restores the reception. At least this helps but it's annoying as you sometimes don't realize your phone looses reception and people can't reach you. Did you manage to fix it in the Apple store?

Nov 19, 2014 8:30 AM in response to ivyy77

Hi

I have been to the Apple Store and they replaced my phone on the spot. I am still having the same problem, I have tried different sim cards and everything, I am just hoping an update fixes this at it really is frustrating me. Multiple iPhones in the household and I have the newer model yet I am the one with the problems.

Nov 24, 2014 6:44 AM in response to unido

I have exactly the same problem on my iphone 6 plus and have a friend who has this on his iphone 6. We are both on O2.

Really frustrating, only happens once or twice a day, nothing except restarting the phone will make any difference. My friend has had the problem since he got the phone, I've only seen it since the upgrade to iOS 8.1.1.

Would really like to know if there is some way to resolve this.

Nov 26, 2014 5:53 AM in response to unido

Hi, it's me back again

I've spent a lot of time chatting to Apple Support and they have offered to replace the phone and someone is due to be calling today about it.

However I'm still not convinced it's the phone as it didn't happen for the first four or five weeks that I had the handset. I downloaded the update to 8.1.1 the day it started happening. However, the only other thing that has changed is that O2 upgraded my contract to include 4G, so I'm now wondering whether that could be the problem, as that happened the same time as the iOS upgrade.

I did some testing by using a cheap payg sim (which doesn't have 4G) and the issue didn't happen, so I've turned off the 4G option, put my original sim back and will see if it happens now.

It's not a complete solution because I DO want to be able to use 4G but at least narrows down the problem if that is the case... only time will tell. I'll keep you posted.

Nov 26, 2014 6:23 AM in response to debsfrombrighton

You could take it into the Churchill Squsre Apple store

They would run diagnostics on the device for you and if required replace it on the spot

I agree about the UK carriers. Locally friends could not get a decent Vodafone signal ,of course it was nothing to do with them ....must be Samsung ( their phone ) 10 days later everything back to normal .Oh surprise they found a failure ion the local mast 😮Never mind O2 if BT buy them that will change things

😕

Nov 26, 2014 6:31 AM in response to wegras

Thanks Peter, I may look at that if I get time, getting there during opening hours is a bit of a struggle for me at the moment.

I'm thinking of moving from O2 anyway, I'm not that impressed with their pricing structure and am just out of contract (hence them upgrading me to 4G). Just want to make sure whoever I move to isn't worse for reception. Anyone have any recommendations?

Nov 26, 2014 6:41 AM in response to debsfrombrighton

I moved to 3 from O2

Always get at least 3G signal ( of course ) but also free 4G where there is a signal

and when you buy a new iPhone from them ,on contract,it is not locked in any way ,has been this way for at least 18 months

That says a lot about a carrier in my book 🙂

Churchill square ....

Opening hours:

Mon - Wed:9:00 am - 6:00 pm

Thu:9:00 am - 8:00 pm

Fri, Sat:9:00 am - 7:00 pm

Sun:11:00 am - 5:00 pm

nothing beats face to face

iPhone 6 no service 8.0.2 Vodafone UK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.