Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MackBook Pro keeps heating up

Hey guys!

I have a mid 2012 macbook pro 15' quad core i7 4gb ram.(its a refurbished from apple. bought oct.2014) Im trying to record some game play video, using elgato game capture HD, and while im recording my laptop keeps heating up and I can hear the fans. I bought this laptop because a lot of people have said, if you wanna record videos and render them fast, get a quad core i7. can anyone give me some ideas on why it keeps heating up? I thought that having quad core, it spreads the power and enegry of the software you're using(im not a tech guy, so I dont really know how quad core works).

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X 10.10

Posted on Oct 4, 2014 4:40 PM

1 reply

Oct 7, 2014 8:03 AM in response to BigBlueDragon

Hi BigBlueDragon,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I know that it can be both frustrating and concerning when your computer is operating at higher temperatures than you would expect. In this situation, I would recommend reading over the attached article for more information on operating temperatures and fans.

Mac notebooks: Operating temperature

Have a great day,

Joe

My MackBook Pro keeps heating up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.