Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add/edit categories in iBooks?

How do I add/edit categories in iBooks. We are able to search categories but there doesn't seem to be a way to edit.

iBook, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 4, 2014 8:51 PM

8 replies

Apr 9, 2015 11:15 PM in response to davidlou89

OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 (and about to be .3)

Okay, form my experience this past semester in school, I have a little bit of into to share that might help.

I got obsessed with using Ibook [for text books (PDFs) and every document that a teacher would post on blackborad. I like the layout but forgot the other reasons why I liked it as I ditched that application for anything besides PDF files for books.

What is on your iPod or iPhone will NOT transfer to your computer. It does not "sync" like it says. Its like lying. And editing anything on your phone in your collections is hard. So, the best way to handle Ibooks, in my opinion, is to make sure the ibooks on your computer is perfectly the way you want it, go to itunes on your mac and syn everything to your deices that way.

Anything you add to you iBooks (like PDF documents) from you phone or iPod won't sync to you computer. 😟

I battled that issue and thought I was doing something wrong at first, but its just only disengaged to sync purchases.

I wish iBooks would work as well as Drop Box, but yeah it doesn't.

I suggest ditching it until apple improves it, and using Dropbox.

If I didn't mention this yet, I would say the best and seems like only way to edit collections quick and easy is to do it on your mac.

Hope this some how helped! 🙂

Apr 28, 2015 3:11 AM in response to davidlou89

While I deleted and removed the iBooks computer app - as soon as I saw it back I removed it, but was too late and it somehow removed 2300 books from my iTunes book folder that I now have to re-add - you can use a program like Calibre to edit the metadata and save the book that way. Then it should show up in both iTunes and maybe iBooks. I see that iBooks still has issues, so who knows if it will read the metadata correctly.

How do I add/edit categories in iBooks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.