Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting up Airport express with PC

I have a new airport express which I intend to connect to the amp of my stereo which is part of a whole-house audio system. I connected to my network via ethernet. I do not wish to extend the network, just create a new wifi network which I can connect my iphone to and use airplay to send audio to the amp.

Initially, the new airport was recognized by my pc which has the airport utility on it. After trying to set it up I lost the wifi signal. I tried to reset the device with the button on the back twice but it is still not found among wifi networks.

I would like to, 1. restore the device to its original settings and, 2. set it up to accomplish the task stated about.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Windows 7

Posted on Oct 4, 2014 8:29 PM

3 replies

Oct 5, 2014 9:32 AM in response to stcline

I would like to, 1. restore the device to its original settings

At this point I would recommend that you perform a "factory default" reset on your AirPort Express base station to get it back to its original settings.

and, 2. set it up to accomplish the task stated about.

Please review the following Apple Support article for how to configure your Express for streaming. Note specifically the section titled, AirPort Express as a standalone simultaneous Wi-Fi base station, and iTunes music device. Ignore the first step about connecting the Express to an Internet modem. The Express does NOT need an Internet connection to provide both a stand-alone Wi-Fi network and be able to stream.

Setting up Airport express with PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.