Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change verification phone number iOS

I recently signed out of iCloud on my iPhone. The verification number was set up for a phone I no longer have, so when I signed back in, I couldn't get the code. Is there a way to reset that phone number?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Oct 4, 2014 9:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2014 9:41 PM

If you mean for iCloud keychain, you can change the phone number that receives the SMS verification code by doing the following on an iOS device or Mac that already has your iCloud keychain enabled:

• In iOS 8, tap Settings > iCloud > Keychain > Advanced. In iOS 7, tap Settings > iCloud > Account > Keychain. Make sure the phone number under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
  • In OS X Mavericks v10.9, choose Apple () > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Make sure the phone number under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.

If you don't have access to a device/Mac that has your iCloud keychain enabled, you'll have to contact Apple support for assistance.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 4, 2014 9:41 PM in response to Qtq

If you mean for iCloud keychain, you can change the phone number that receives the SMS verification code by doing the following on an iOS device or Mac that already has your iCloud keychain enabled:

• In iOS 8, tap Settings > iCloud > Keychain > Advanced. In iOS 7, tap Settings > iCloud > Account > Keychain. Make sure the phone number under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
  • In OS X Mavericks v10.9, choose Apple () > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Make sure the phone number under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.

If you don't have access to a device/Mac that has your iCloud keychain enabled, you'll have to contact Apple support for assistance.

How to change verification phone number iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.