Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot select zip file in finder using cpanel file uploader

Latest iMac

OS X 10.9.5

Safari 7.1

Cpanel V11 on my joomla based website external host.

I am trying to upload a small zip file using the standard cpanel v11 file uploader.

After I click the 'choose file' in the cpanel uploader window in my browser, it opens a file selector in finder,

when I click on the .zip file, which appears as a folder not a file, finder does not highlight the 'Choose' and I cannot upload the .zip file.

I know I can do this with a dedicated ftp uploader but it's just annoying for simple jobs like this.

Posted on Oct 4, 2014 11:58 PM

1 reply

Aug 28, 2015 11:48 AM in response to eucryphia

I had the same situation, but I realised that the file I was trying to upload was truly a folder, not a ZIP file. This is because I previously downloaded the ZIP file through Safari, and by default Safari opens the attachments it downloads (when safe), which means it unzips the ZIP file. This setting is in Safari / Preferences / General / Open safe files after downloading.

You can either disable this option and download the ZIP file again, or ZIP the folder that appears in your Downloads. The ZIP file will then appear as a file, and you can upload it to cPanel.

cannot select zip file in finder using cpanel file uploader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.