Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clear recent locations in Calendar for iOS 8

Hi Apple users,

I am currently having an issue with a long list of RECENT LOCATIONS in my Calendar (Apple's Calendar app), when creating a new event.

After the iOS 8 update, whenever I create a new event in Calendars and inputting a new location, iPhone saves that location as a recent location.

So now when I create another NEW event and input a location, it will appear a list of recent locations that was saved from my previous event entries.

After creating 15 different NEW events with different locations, the list of recent locations starts to build up and gets very messy.

I have tried many ways to clear/remove those recent locations but it does not have any option for me to do so.

Apple, please make an option or a setting where we could easily remove recent items, whether its recent locations/contacts, etc.

But this is the current issue I am facing and I hope someone has figured a way to clear all the recent locations in the Calendar App whenever creating a new event.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks guys!

iPhone 5s, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 4, 2014 9:23 PM

31 replies

Mar 9, 2017 10:07 PM in response to Alicia.TWY

I've noticed this behavior as well. After some experimentation (and the restoration of a device or two) I've determined that the "Recent Locations" list that Calendar.app uses is pulled from iCloud. After restoring a device as brand new and not syncing with any accounts, ensuring that no addresses are associated with the device (contact card is empty, location services disabled), and attempting to make an event, the locations options were blank. The moment that device was signed into iCloud, the same "Recent Locations" became available with my old address right at the top. This data is not accessible to Users and may not be accessible behind the scenes either due to Apple's privacy policy. I'd suggest leaving feedback at www.apple.com/feedback and possibly opening a case with AppleCare.

Mar 29, 2017 9:38 AM in response to Alicia.TWY

I just got a solution from Apple, if anyone still needs it. It was simple.

On your device can you go to SETTINGS>CALENDER>location suggestions (turn off)

Then, act like you want to add a new calendar item, select the address field and if you swipe left, you can delete all those old addresses. No future addresses will be stored as you already turned that off in the settings.

Hope that helps.

Oct 5, 2014 6:01 AM in response to sberman

Sorry sberman, I don't see how your link has helped with my current situation to clear the recent locations in the Calendar app.

As you can see from the screenshots below... After creating a new event in the Calendar app, and when you click on LOCATION, a list of all the recent locations I have entered appears, UNABLE to remove or clearing the list.

IUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Oct 5, 2014 8:58 PM in response to sberman

1. Click on Calendar App

2. Click on the '+' icon to create a new event.

3. Click on the Location tab.

4. In the 'Enter Location' bar, type out any address.

5. Apple will search for an address and it will pop out a few options for you to choose.

6. Select any of the addresses.

7. Now that address you selected appears under the recents list.

Tried your method way before I even post this problem up. NOTHING will solve the issue except re-formatting the iPhone to factory settings.

Please Apple, create a function where people are able to CLEAR recent locations in Calendar. Can't believe they can even miss this issue out before releasing the iOS 8.

Jan 21, 2015 1:53 AM in response to Alicia.TWY

Hi there ! I noticed the same issue on my iPhone 6 with iOS 8. Though I can give some precisions :

• Reset the iPhone "as a new phone" won't clear these recent locations. (I did reset my iPhone and my MacBook Pro as well, and cleared iCloud backup before that... Don't understand where these locations are stored.)
  • These recent locations are shared between Calendar and Reminders applications.

Maybe these details can help somebody wiser than me. Thanks !

Aug 6, 2015 9:06 AM in response to Alicia.TWY

Alicia.TWY wrote:

Tried your method way before I even post this problem up. NOTHING will solve the issue except re-formatting the iPhone to factory settings.

I think this is the only way - I'm in the same boat as you are with this.

I can say though that the calendar's Recent Locations are specific to the device. I have an iPhone, an iPad, and an iPod Touch all syncing the same calendar of mine from the computer, and only the iPhone has the long list of recent locations (as the events were created on the phone itself); the iPad and iPod are both still bare in that field.

I've examined my iPhone's backup files to locate where this information is stored, but to no avail. Furthermore, any third-party desktop program which would clear iOS app caches and histories are rendered useless due to iOS 8.3's enhanced sandboxing protections. (whether that would work in this case is unknown)

Steve

Clear recent locations in Calendar for iOS 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.