Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bridged Router and Home Sharing

My home network has a Linksys 1900AC as its main router (ROUTER) along with a Linksys EA4500 as an access point (BRIDGE). The BRIDGE is configured in Bridge mode and serves as an access point for two Ethernet connected devices (my TimeMachine backup external HD and an AppleTV). Both the ROUTER and BRIDGE serve as wi-fi access points for iPhones and iPads.

Since adding the BRIDGE, everything is functioning perfectly except for the Apple Remote App on the iPhones and iPads. In order to control iTunes on my Mac, both the Mac and the wi-fi device must be connected to the same wi-fi access point. In other words, if the Mac is wi-fi connected to ROUTER and my iPad is wi-connected to BRIDGE, the Remote App will not connect to my iTunes library. If they are both on ROUTER or both on BRIDGE, Remote App works perfectly.

I can use AirPlay to connected to an AirPort Express no mater which wi-fi access point the iPad is connected to. I can AirPrint on an ESPN WP-3540 no matter which wi-fi access point the iPad is connected to. I can use AirFoil via AF Remote to control iTunes or Spotify open on my Mac no matter which wi-fi access point the iPad is connected to. Internet connectivity has been increased dramatically throughout my house - adding the BRIDGE was an excellent thing to do. Except for the fact the only thing that does not work is, as described above, access iTunes using Remote if the computer and wi-fi device are connected to different wi-fi access points.

I have read FAQs and other Support Posts both here and at Linksys and cannot figure out a solution. Anyone have an idea?

Thanks much.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8

Posted on Oct 5, 2014 7:38 AM

1 reply

Bridged Router and Home Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.