Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.0.2 audio message record randomly on rotation of phone / keyboard freeze (video linked)

I recorded a video of the issue I have been having. Using iOS 8.0.2, did a full iTunes recovery & update, so no lingering iOS 8.0 issues should remain. iPhone 6. Listen to the sound, the ding when it starts/ends recording is clear. This from holding the edges of the phone, not anywhere near the screen, and not touching any buttons. Why is this happening? Happens daily now. And twice in the video, only quick one time and slow the other.

Also, when I was tapping the screen it was completely frozen. Keyboard was dead. But woke up as you can see. This too happens daily, and should be fixed with iOS 8.0.2 according to support I spoke to. So that's a lie.

Video: http://vimeo.com/108067123

iPhone 6, iOS 8, 8.0.2

Posted on Oct 5, 2014 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2015 9:46 AM

This problem has driven me crazy since Apple added the message recording feature, and it persists, even to the iPhone 6 Plus I purchased yesterday. Today I finally found a fix: turn off "Raise to Listen" in the Audio Messages settings (SETTINGS=>MESSAGES=>AUDIO MESSAGES). I have never used Raise to Listen anyway, so this is no loss to me. I couldn't be happier for finally figuring out how to work around this bug.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2015 9:46 AM in response to NerevarReborn

This problem has driven me crazy since Apple added the message recording feature, and it persists, even to the iPhone 6 Plus I purchased yesterday. Today I finally found a fix: turn off "Raise to Listen" in the Audio Messages settings (SETTINGS=>MESSAGES=>AUDIO MESSAGES). I have never used Raise to Listen anyway, so this is no loss to me. I couldn't be happier for finally figuring out how to work around this bug.

Jan 15, 2017 5:57 AM in response to Lochmore

I had this well known bug and also I have the iOS 9 bug that causes the "phone" app to freeze.

There is no solution to either of these problems because they are caused in the factories. They are bugs in manufacturing and if you prove to Apple that is as such they are required to replace your phone due to manufacturing defect.

The issue with flipping the keyboard is a short circuit between the gyroscope and the main board. Chances are if you have this issue you will likely have your phone app freeze (post iOS 9) if you sync any contacts for any email accounts with iCloud. It's the same bug.

With my carrier I'm due for a new phone. One of the first ever iPhone owners. I'm a huge apple advocate.

Considering a Linux ubuntu machine with android devices moving forward.

iOS 8.0.2 audio message record randomly on rotation of phone / keyboard freeze (video linked)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.