Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my new airport extreme has a green light but airport utility says no configured airport base stations have been found. Help?

Just set up my new airport extreme with my verizon fios router - that seemed to work and the base station seems to be broadcasting the internet and has a green light. But the airport utility doesn't show the airport base station at all. It says no configured airport base stations have been found. How can I fix this?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 5, 2014 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2014 6:31 PM

It says no configured airport base stations have been found.

This bug has been a problem in Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks.

Please try the steps in this Apple support document to see if the AirPort base station will appear in AirPort Utility.

AirPort base station not seen or "An unexpected error occurred" appears in AirPort Utility 6.3

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 5, 2014 6:31 PM in response to Lisa Hsiao

It says no configured airport base stations have been found.

This bug has been a problem in Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks.

Please try the steps in this Apple support document to see if the AirPort base station will appear in AirPort Utility.

AirPort base station not seen or "An unexpected error occurred" appears in AirPort Utility 6.3

Oct 5, 2014 6:34 PM in response to Bob Timmons

Thanks, I walked through some of the steps in other troubleshooting responses and got it to come up. Now I have another problem - I got the airport extreme to replace my fios wireless network. But now I have two networks -- the fios network and the wireless network broadcast by the airport extreme. How do I turn off the fios network (or make it invisible)?

Oct 5, 2014 6:41 PM in response to Lisa Hsiao

How do I turn off the fios network (or make it invisible)?

A question for the Fios support folks. The link below might help, or you may need to check with Fios directly on this.

How to find Router Default Username and Password | FiOS ...

In general, you must enter the default IP address.....something like 192.168.0.1 (for example only).....for your specific Fios router into your Internet browser. That will bring up an interface with settings for Wireless and an option to turn off the wireless service on the router.

my new airport extreme has a green light but airport utility says no configured airport base stations have been found. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.